DANCE RECITAL 2020 INFORMATION:
“A Dream Come True”
Dance recital preparation is progressing and all students are working diligently to learn routines. The recital date is Saturday, June 20, 2020 at 4:00 PM at Centerville Performing Arts Center, 500 E. Franklin St., Centerville OH, 45459 (in the back of Centerville High School). The show has approximately 200 performers, ranging in ages from two years to elementary. There are 24 routines in the recital, many including special effects and stage props.
COSTUMES: Costumes will be distributed on Saturday, May 30th, 2020at Kirkmont Presbyterian Church, 3377 Shakertown Rd, Beavercreek, OH 45434. Tights, if necessary, will be included with each costume. The chart on the last page lists the type and color of shoe necessary for your child’s dance. Children will not need to be present at costume pickup as we will not be holding rehearsals on this day. In addition to costume pickup, you will also be able to purchase tickets, order DVD’s & Digital Downloads, purchase extra costumes for at home use (dress up clothes or Halloween costumes), purchase new WEBBY Dance Company t-shirts and sign up for summer classes & camps. Many of our summer classes & camps sold out last year – we highly recommend signing up your child during costume pickup to guarantee a spot in our summer classes/camps.
DRESS REHEARSAL: Dress rehearsal is scheduled for Thursday, June 18, 2020, at 6:00 PM at Centerville Performing Arts Center. ALL PERFORMERS MUST ATTEND DRESS REHEARSAL. Students will rehearse routines on stage in costume. Lighting and music cues will be set at this time. Performers will be seated in the audience for the dress rehearsal. You are welcome to videotape or take pictures at this time. Please do not bring extra family members to dress rehearsal. We will NOT be practicing the finale at the dress rehearsal. After your child performs you are free to leave, however, please keep in mind that this is your child’s only opportunity to watch the other performers on stage. If you have volunteered to be a parent helper, we will be holding a parent helper meeting at 5:40 PM.
TICKETS: Tickets are available for pre-sale until May 30th, 2020 for a discounted price of $12.00 per person. Beginning May 31st, 2020 until June 20th, 2020 admission to the show will be $15.00 per person. Children under the age of three enter free. Tickets can be purchased online at www.webbydancedayton.com under the “Boutique” tab, at Costume Pickup, Dress Rehearsal, or at the door on the day of the show. Performers and “parent helpers” do not need a ticket to enter. We highly recommend ordering pre-sale tickets as we are anticipating a full house and there is always a chance of a sold out show. Pre-ordered tickets will be available for pick up at Costume Pick Up or at the ticket table at Dress Rehearsal or on the day of the Recital only. We are unable to ship recital tickets. There are no refunds or replacements for lost tickets.
PARENT HELPERS: Be a part of the backstage excitement and sign up to be a parent helper! The performers will remain in the band room during the show and parent helpers will be needed to assist each group. Dancers will need help adjusting costumes, re-touching make-up, tying shoes securely, being brought to side-stage for their dance and lining up for the finale. Parent helpers will be able to view their child’s routine from the side of the stage. Admission is free to parent helpers. Parent helpers are essential for a successful show and we appreciate those who volunteer! Please call (937) 781-0969 or e-mail LGlenn@webbydancecompany.comif you are interested in being a parent helper. THANK YOU!
PROFESSIONAL VIDEO: We have once again hired Petite Productions to video our recital. A “split screen” effect allows close-up shots and full class views simultaneously. DVD & Digital Download order forms will be included in the next show letter and will also be available at costume pickup.
PHOTOGRAPHER: We have brought back TLB Photography to provide our families with the option of professional photographs of their child in costume. The photographers will be setup in the lobby the evening of dress rehearsals. THIS IS YOUR ONLY OPPORTUNITY TO GET PICTURES – PICTURES WILL NOT BE TAKEN THE DAY OF THE SHOW!
TRAVELING TUTUS: Do you have gently used dance shoes or costumes that do not fit your child anymore? We will be accepting donations at Costume Pick Up on Saturday, May 30th, 2020! All secondhand dance attire will be donated to Traveling Tutus INC, a non-profit organization which sends new or gently used dancewear to children in need around the world! Please look for the TRAVELING TUTUS bin or ask a WEBBY staff member where you can place your donations!
Kirkmont Presbyterian Church
3377 Shakertown Rd
Beavercreek, OH 45434
Saturday, May 30th, 2020
All tuition and costume fees must be paid in full prior to receipt of costume(s). Please call
(937) 781-0969 or e-mail LGlenn@webbydancecompany.com if you have questions regarding your account. YOUR CHILD WILL NOT RECEIVE THEIR COSTUME UNTIL DRESS REHEARSAL ON THURSDAY, JUNE 18TH, 2020 IF SOMEONE DOES NOT PICK UP THEIR COSTUME ON SATURDAY, MAY 30th, 2020. WE DO NOT DELIVER COSTUMES TO SCHOOLS AND WE DO NOT KEEP EVENING OR WEEKEND OFFICE HOURS!
If you cannot attend costume pick up, you can send a friend or family member to pick up your child’s costume for you!
Below is a schedule of dances according to what time you will need to arrive for costume pickup. (Please refer to the chart on pages 4 & 5 for the dance your child is performing and the type of shoe that is required). If you have children in more than one dance, you may pick up both costumes at either
THE FOLLOWING DANCES PICKUP TIME: 9:15-10:00 AM--
"Baby Beluga", "Bop!", "Busy Bee Boogie", "Butterflies", "Codfish Ball"
THE FOLLOWING DANCES PICKUP TIME: 10:00-10:45 AM--
"Dance Like a Daisy", "Deep in the Heart of Texas", "Don’t Wake the Whale", "Goodship Lollipop", "Hippity Hoppity Frogs"
THE FOLLOWING DANCES PICKUP TIME: 10:45-11:30 AM--
"Hot, Hot, Hot", "Itsy Bitsy Spider", "Jungle Rhythm", "Lil Mice", "Mermaid Ballet"
THE FOLLOWING DANCES PICKUP TIME: 11:30 AM-12:15 PM--
"Monkey Mambo", "Octopus Garden", "Penguin Wobble", "Rhino Tap", "Space Unicorn"
THE FOLLOWING DANCES PICKUP TIME: 12:15-1:00 PM--
"Under the Sea", "Wee Rockettes", "When I Grow Up", "Zuka Zama"
After receiving your child’s costume, please have them try it on once you get home. We are confident that the costume will be the perfect fit but the earlier that we know about a costume issue, the greater the chance that we will be able to fix it. Costume instructions and hair instructions will be included in your child’s costume bag.
SATURDAY, May 30, 2020 - COSTUME PICKUP - Starting at 9:15 AM, in 45 minute intervals, at Kirkmont Presbyterian Church. Dancers do not need to be present.
THURSDAY, June 18, 2020 - 6:00 PM.- DRESS REHEARSAL - at Centerville Performing Arts Center (Centerville High School). We will be holding a PARENT HELPER meeting at 5:40 PM.
SATURDAY June 20, 2020 - 4:00 PM - PERFORMANCE - at Centerville Performing Arts Center. Dancers must be dropped off promptly at 3:15 PM. Parent Helpers need to arrive by 3:00 PM. – please report to the Band Room.
“RECITAL” – June 20, 2020 – 4:00 PM.
Please find your child’s school/child care center, time of class and name of dance. The type of shoe your child needs for his/her dance is listed in the last column. Pink or white ballet shoes can be dyed black with an inexpensive black leather dye (NOT shoe polish), available at grocery stores. There is a KIWI Leather Dye available at Target and Walmart for under $4.00. All tap shoes must be black and tied with black ribbon or black elastic. Shoes can be purchased through our online boutique at www.webbydancedayton.com.
SCHOOL/CHILD CARE CENTER // DANCE NAME // SHOE * Inspire Center for Learning of Miamisburg: "Baby Beluga" -Pink Ballet Shoes.
* Miami Valley School- Dance 2 (4:45-5:30 PM): "Bop" - Black Ballet or Jazz Shoes
* Days of Discovery and Rosewood Learning Center: "Busy Bee Boogie"- Black Ballet Shoes
*· Bright Beginnings Christian Preschool: "Butterflies"- Pink Ballet Shoes
* Children’s Child Care Center: "Codfish Ball"- Black Tap Shoes
* A Great Start Preschool: "Dance Like a Daisy"- Pink Ballet Shoes
* Primrose School- Dance 2 (4:15-5:00 PM): "Deep in the Heart of Texas"- Black Tap Shoes
* Primrose School- Dance 1 (3:30-4:15 PM): "Don’t Wake the Whale"- Pink Ballet Shoes
* Days of Discovery: "Goodship Lollipop"- Black Tap Shoes
* Kirkmont Presbyterian Preschool: "Hippity Hoppity Frogs"- Girls: Pink Ballet Shoes, Boys: Black Ballet or Jazz Shoes
* Living Word Early Learning Center and Wenzler Daycare & Learning Center: "Hot, Hot, Hot"- Pink Ballet Shoes
* The Goddard School- Dance 1 (9:30-10:15 AM): "Itsy Bitsy Spider"- Girls: Pink Ballet Shoes, Boys: Black Ballet or Jazz Shoes
* Miami Valley School- Dance 1 (3:45-4:30 PM): "Jungle Rhythm"- Black Ballet Shoes
* All About Kids and Bombeck Family Learning Center- Dance 2 (10:00-10:45 AM): "Lil Mice"- Girls: Pink Ballet Shoes, Boys: Black Ballet or Jazz Shoes
* The Goddard School- Dance 2 (10:15-11:00 AM): "Mermaid Ballet"- Pink Ballet Shoes
* Kids ‘R’ Kids- Dance 1 (9:00-9:45 AM): "Monkey Mambo"- Black Ballet Shoes
* Kindercare of Centerville: "Octopus Garden"- Black Tap Shoes
* Kids ‘R’ Kids- Dance 2 (10:15-11:00 AM): "Penguin Wobble"- Black Tap Shoes
* Inspire Center for Learning of Centerville- Dance 1 & Dance 2: "Rhino Tap"- Black Tap Shoes
* Explorations Child Enrichment Center: "Space Unicorn"- Pink Ballet Shoes
* BCLC- Dance 2 (4:00-4:45 PM): "Under the Sea" -Pink Ballet Shoes
* BCLC- Dance 1 (3:15-4:00 PM): "Wee Rockettes"- Black Tap Shoes
* Bombeck Family Learning Center- Dance 1 (9:00-9:45 AM): "When I Grow Up" - Black Tap Shoes
* Inspire Center for Learning of Beavercreek: "Zuka Zama"- Black Ballet Shoes